We, at Yellow Creek Mennonite Church, commit together to allow God to be at work in our lives in the following ways:
l. To receive God’s gracious gift of salvation made possible through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
[Acts 4:8-14; Romans 10:6-10; I Peter 1:3-13; John 3:1-21]
2. To find wholeness as we leave the sinfulness of this world and ask God to bring healing and hope into all areas of our lives.
[Ephesians 2:1-10; Ephesians 4:17-24; Luke 4:14-22, 31-44; Acts 2:25-28]
3. To live our lives consistent with Christ-like and scriptural standards of moral conduct.
[I Corinthians 5:1-13; Colossians 3:1-18; Romans 8:1-17; Ephesians 4:17-32]
4. To grow spiritually as we deepen our understandings of faith, strengthen our relationship with Jesus Christ, and practice spiritual disciplines.
[Ephesians 4:11-16; Ephesians 6:10-18; Philippians 3:12-16]
5. To participate faithfully in individual and corporate experiences of worship – giving praise, thanksgiving, and honor to God.
[John 4:21-26; Romans 12:1-8; Colossians 3:15-17; Hebrews 10;19-25]
6. To experience community in smaller group settings for mutual support and accountability in spiritual growth and ministry.
[Romans 12:3-21; Ephesians 4:11-13; Acts 2:42-47]
7. To share the good news of salvation in word and action as God opens the doors in our relationships.
[Matthew 28:16-20; Mark 6:6b-13; Acts 13-20]
8. To embrace the spiritual gifts God has given us and use them in ministry in the church and community.
[Romans 12:1-8; Ephesians 4:7-16; I Corinthians 3:5-17; I Corinthians 12:1-30]
9. To give generously of time and resources to God’s mission in this congregation and in the wider world.
[Mark 12:38-44; II Corinthians 8:1-24; II Corinthians 9:1-15; Philippians 4:10-20]
10. To live in agreement with the “Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective.”
[Ephesians 2:11-22; Ephesians 4:1-6; John 17:20-26]